Many neighborhoods in Chicago and suburbs continue to effortlessly preserve their history and simultaneously support growth in commercial and residential development and continue to modernize and beautify their communities and encourage their residents to uphold the movement by updating their homes to enhance aesthetics, increase curb appeal and value, as well as show pride of ownership.
When remodeling a home, one of the many vital decisions to be made is which exterior siding to use. So, why do so many homeowners choose James Hardie siding for their home?
The short answer is because it’s a versatile, affordable, and environment-friendly product. Furthermore, it gives homeowners limitless design possibilities with James Hardie’s collection of products, siding, trim options, profiles, colors, features and styles.
James Hardie fiber-cement siding is more durable and up to 5-times thicker than other siding choices. It easily stands up to the elements, resisting damage from wind, rain, freezing temperatures and hail and gives and homeowners peace of mind and homes years of protection with low maintenance:
- It’s made of natural materials of mostly sand and cement.
- It’s so versatile it can imitate other siding materials, modern or historic. Colors, features, styles and other preferences are virtually limitless.
- It protects your home against nuisances such as insects, rotting, cracking, peeling, buckling and warping.
- It’s thick so it stands up to various weather conditions, temperatures and climates.
- It has ColorPlus® Technology, a finish that protects and is resistant against peeling, cracking, and chipping.
- It offers limited warranties (there are several options). In addition, we offer a 5-year labor warranty on all siding installations.
- Natural elements in combination with a layer of high-quality protection provide that fiber-cement siding contributes an additional level of energy-efficient insulation.
- Requires an occasional hose washing and rare repairs or replacement.
- It is durable, resistant and resilient and does not easily damage.
Additionally, James Hardie siding resists damage from extreme heat and will not ignite when exposed to direct flame, it will not contribute fuel to fire. James Hardie products are non-combustible and some insurance companies may offer a discount on coverage for homes that utilize James Hardie siding.
James Hardie fiber cement-board siding continues to be the best-selling siding brand in North America. It continues to be the most affordable option in high-quality siding products and application. Between offering greater durability, better protection, an elevated aesthetic and added benefits of fade resistant color, it’s clear that James Hardie siding is the superior choice for home exteriors in Illinois.
We serve the entire north Illinois region including southern Wisconsin. Does your cottage need an exterior upgrade? Learn more here, or call our office to schedule a consultation, or complete our online form.
Subscribe to Pro Home 1's Blog