There's no denying that first impressions are essential. That's why curb appeal is vital when it comes to your home. After all, it's the first thing guests will see when they arrive. If you're looking to give your home a fresh look, consider starting with the exterior.
A Fresh New Look & Feel of your Home’s Exterior:
A few well-chosen upgrades can make a big difference. For instance, stone or brick accents boost a home’s curb appeal. Or, for a truly unique look, consider custom features like a custom portico for your entrance. Whatever you choose, select materials and colors that complement your home's existing style. Then, with a little effort, you can give your home the curb appeal it deserves.
However, there's no better way to give your home a facelift than with new siding. Not only will it dramatically improve the appearance of your property, but it will also be much easier to maintain. In addition, siding is available in a wide range of materials, so you're sure to find an option that fits your style and budget. And, because it's so easy to care for, you'll never have to worry about spending hours on upkeep. So, if you're looking for a quick and easy way to transform the exterior of your home, new siding is an ideal solution.
Do your home's windows and doors look a little bad for the wear? The it may be time for an upgrade. Not only will new windows and doors give your home a fresh, new look, but they'll also help to reduce energy and maintenance bills. Drafty old windows and doors can let in heat in the summer and cold air in the winter, driving up your energy costs. And if they're not correctly sealed, they can also let in water, damaging your walls and floors. Replacing them with energy-efficient windows and doors will help keep your home more comfortable year-round while reducing your monthly bills. So, if you're looking for a way to freshen up your home's exterior, new windows and doors are a great place to start.
Add Just a Little Something or Just go Big:
July is the perfect time to add something to your home's exterior. Why not start with a skylight or two? They'll let in extra light, help keep your home cooler in summer, and significantly impact your energy bill. In addition, they're a good way to add a different personality to your home's exterior. Try adding light tubes if you're looking for something a little more dramatic. They'll bring natural light into even the darkest corners of your home and make a real statement when you're entertaining guests.
As the temperatures rise, so does the urge to spend more time outdoors. However, your outdoor living space sometimes doesn't quite meet your expectations. Consider some exterior remodeling if you're looking for a way to enjoy the summer without breaking the bank. Adding a covered porch or deck can give you a stylish and comfortable place to enjoy the warm weather. However, if you're looking for something a little more substantial, consider building a sun-room home addition. Not only will you enjoy the outdoors without worrying about the heat or insects, but you'll also be adding value to your home. So, whether planning a big project or a small one, exterior remodeling is another great way to making most of summer.
Upgrade your deck, patio, or balcony:
The weather is hot and the days are long, and it's the perfect time to spruce up your outdoor living space and there are plenty of ways to upgrade a small balcony, deck or patio. Upgrading your deck, patio, or balcony will add value to your home and provide you with a great space to enjoy the outdoors. Not sure where to start? Check out our top exterior remodeling ideas for July:
- Add a pergola: A pergola is an excellent way to add shade to your deck or patio and at the same time creating a stylish focal point. Add some climbing plants, and voila - you've got your oasis.
- Build a fireplace: There's nothing like sitting around a fire on a fantastic summer night. Building a fireplace on your deck or patio is a great way to extend the use of your outdoor space into the fall and winter months.
- Install a built-in barbecue: No outdoor space is complete without a built-in barbecue. Whether cooking for one or feeding a crowd, this addition will make entertaining a breeze.
- Create privacy with plants, shrubs and trees: If you're looking for a little more privacy, consider adding some tall plants or shrubs around the perimeter of your deck
- Add some shade: A parasol, awning, or even some large potted plants can help you keep cool while spending time outdoors.
- Create a planter: Turn a plain wooden box into a stylish planter for your deck or balcony. Add some paint and plants, and you're good to go.
- Make a splash: Add a water feature to your patio or balcony. A small fountain or waterfall can help to cool down the area - and it'll look pretty too.
We can help you get started on your exterior remodeling project today. Contact us to get an estimate - your summer will thank you for it.
Tagssiding siding replacement damage free siding window installation windows fiberglass door sliding door steel door wood door skylight
Subscribe to Pro Home 1's Blog