What's in store for home remodeling in 2023? As we soon enter a New Year, we watch out for several trends and which are expected to take off in 2023. From eco-friendly remodeling ideas to smart home upgrades, read on to find out what you can expect in the world of home remodeling.
There's no doubt about it: homeowners are investing in their homes. And with good reason, a well-designed home can increase its value and appeal. But what remodeling trends will be popular in 2023? Here are a few predictions:
The kitchen is the heart of the home, and that means it should be a space that is both functional and stylish. In recent years, we have seen a trend towards more open-concept kitchens, with fewer walls and barriers between the cooking area and the rest of the house. This helps to create a more inviting space that is perfect for entertaining. We expect this trend to continue in 2023, with even more homeowners opting for an open layout.
Another big trend we anticipate seeing in kitchens next year is a focus on sustainability. More and more people are looking for ways to reduce their carbon footprint, and the kitchen is a great place to start. Energy-efficient appliances, recycled materials, and low-VOC paint are all becoming more popular for those wanting to create a more sustainable kitchen. This also includes a more environmentally friendly option, or installation of solar panels. Solar panels not only look great, but they can also help to reduce rising energy costs. Whatever trends you choose to follow in 2023, remember that the most important thing is to make your kitchen a space that reflects your unique style.
A recent survey by the National Association of Home Builders found that bathroom remodels are one of the most popular home improvement projects among homeowners. So, what can you expect to see in bathroom design in the coming year?
One trend that is gaining popularity is the ‘spa-like’ bathroom. Homeowners are increasingly looking for ways to turn their bathrooms into relaxing oases, incorporating features such as walk-in showers, soaking tubs, and luxurious finishes. Another popular trend is using sustainable materials, such as bamboo and cork. These materials are not only environmentally friendly, but they also add a unique visual element to the space.
Here are some of the top bathroom remodeling trends for 2023:
- Futuristic Faucets: If you thought touchless faucets were cool, wait until you see what's in store for the next generation. Motion-activated faucets will be all the rage, allowing you to wash your hands without lifting a finger.
- Self-Cleaning Toilets: This one is sure to be a game-changer. These high-tech toilets will feature sensors that automatically flush and sanitize after each use.
- High-Tech Showers: Step into the future with showers equipped with built-in speakers, Bluetooth controls, and even self-cleaning systems. You'll never want to leave your bathroom again. So, if you're looking for inspiration for your next bathroom remodel, keep these trends in mind.
2023 is shaping up to be an exciting year for home remodeling trends. One of the most popular trends is transforming basements into livable spaces. This can be done by adding windows and doors, waterproofing the walls, and insulation. This will create a warm and inviting space in the basement that can be used for entertaining guests or as an extra bedroom. Other popular trends for 2023 include energy-efficient appliances, hardwood floors, and shiplap walls. So, if you're planning on remodeling your home shortly, keep these trends in mind.
The exterior walls of your home are the new hotness when updating your style. And there's no better way to show off your personality than with a custom siding design. Whether you're opting for a traditional wood look or something more modern, like aluminum, vinyl, or fiber cement, there are endless possibilities when personalizing your home's exterior. So, if you're looking for a way to make a bold statement in 2023, remember to consider upgrading your home’s siding.
Regarding roofing, we predict that a few trends will be significant in 2023. First, asphalt shingle roofs still remain the top choice. However, copper and steel roofs are continuing to gain popularity thanks to their durability and aesthetic appeal. Finally, green roofs are expected to become more popular as homeowners strive to make their homes eco-friendlier. If you're planning a roofing project, keep these trends in mind to ensure that your home is up to date.
Outdoor Living Space
In 2023, the most popular remodeling trends will be all about bringing the outdoors in, literally. Gone are the days of simply adding a deck or patio to your home – now, homeowners are looking to create natural outdoor living spaces. And why not? With great weather year-round in many parts of the country, it only makes sense to take advantage of all that space. Here are some of the most popular trends in outdoor living spaces for 2023:
- Multi-purpose spaces: No longer content with a simple patio or deck, homeowners are now looking for ways to make their outdoor spaces more versatile and functional. Additions like built-in grills, prep stations, and storage areas will be popular, as will features like fire pits and outdoor kitchens.
- Connecting indoor and outdoor spaces: One of the biggest trends in home design over the past few years has been blurring the line between indoors and out. In 2023, this trend will continue as homeowners increasingly look for ways to connect their indoor and outdoor living areas. Sliding glass doors, retractable walls, and large windows will all be popular choices for those looking to bring the outside in.
- Going green: With an increasing focus on sustainability, many homeowners will want to add green features to their outdoor living spaces. Solar power, rainwater harvesting, and drought-resistant plants will all be popular choices for those looking to reduce their environmental impact.
Are you as excited about these home remodeling trends for 2023 as we are? We can't wait to start seeing them incorporated in home remodeling projects! Will you be considering any of these trends into your own home? Let us know! We can help to get you remodeling project started.
Subscribe to Pro Home 1's Blog